Black screen after deleting old.windows with CCleaner

mario_42

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
i tried restoring, but windows can not find the files for it to restore. I get an error that says i must specify which installation to restore. restart this computer, select an OS and then select system restore
Same goes for system image recovery.
i also tried running startup repair with no luck.

Solution
Not a solution but there is a chance your computer also installed update when you restarted after you deleted "old windows", and now update failed. Did you try to restart after you got black screen? Some of us got back screen after Anniversary update.

Does it offer any options to choose from? Is there more than one OS? Does it look on right drive? Check the drive preferences in BIOS- it may look on DVD instead of C drive.

Astralv

Distinguished
Not a solution but there is a chance your computer also installed update when you restarted after you deleted "old windows", and now update failed. Did you try to restart after you got black screen? Some of us got back screen after Anniversary update.

Does it offer any options to choose from? Is there more than one OS? Does it look on right drive? Check the drive preferences in BIOS- it may look on DVD instead of C drive.

Solution