Windows 10 Upgrade Makes Raid Drive Visible

mskinner

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
Windows 10 upgrade 1607. After the upgrade, my previously not visible raid drive is visible in file explorer and is lettered as h:

I am concerned about this. I generally have considered this drive invisible for good reason: it is not a normal drive that I should be monkeying with. But now Windows seems to be treating it as just another hard drive for my use. Thoughts? Is this not a problem? If it is, is there a fix?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mskinner : "Windows 10 Upgrade Makes Raid Drive Visible"

mskinner

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
I may not have been clear. That is my point: I do not want to see or fiddle with my raid drive. I want it to do its thing, mirroring my main hard drive, without being touched or interfered with, so I have a pure copy if anything goes wrong. But now windows has assigned it a letter and made it visible in file explorer. I can ignore it and keep my hands off of it, but it seems the beteer way is to lock it away from me or anyone's ability to touch it.

So my question remains: was this some sort of mistake in the update? Is this justhow it is now? Should I do anything to fix the situation, or leave it alone? I am concerned it is not being treated as a raid drive at all anymore and just as a second hard drive.

TRENDING THREADS