VGA to DVI 24-1

Zeitas

Reputable
May 14, 2015
As the title says where can I find the VGA to DVI 24-1 and not [DVI 24 + 5 Pin to VGA] Have looked everywhere but can not find ..

Sorry if I write the wrong thread :wahoo:

In addition to digital, some DVI connectors also have pins that pass an analog signal, which can be used to connect an analog monitor. The analog pins are the four that surround the flat blade on a DVI-I or DVI-A connector. A VGA monitor, for example, can be connected to a video source with DVI-I through the use of a passive adapter. Since the analog pins are directly compatible with VGA signaling, passive adapters are simple and cheap to produce, providing a cost-effective solution to support VGA on DVI. The long flat pin on a DVI-I connector is wider than the same pin on a DVI-D connector, so even if the four analog pins were manually removed, it still wouldn't be possible to connect a male DVI-I to a female DVI-D. It is possible, however, to join a male DVI-D connector with a female DVI-I connector.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

you needed a card with dvi-I for native on the card analog support so as said above you now need a active adaptor to convert the dvi-d digital only to vga analog

good luck

just to add you could look at hdmi to vga active converters as well some time s there a bit cheaper the the dvi-d to vga ??

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Micro-USB/dp/B00879DM56

think these display port one as well ? just pick your poison

Zeitas

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Stupid question maybe. But can I remove the 4 extra pins on the adapter around the spade contact?

DSC_0029.JPG

bignastyid

Titan
You'll just ruin it. It wont work.
DVI-I to VGA is passive since DVI-I supports analog(VGA) and digital signals. DVI-D is digital only and requires an active converter to convert the digital signal to an analog signal.

Zeitas

Reputable
May 14, 2015

Okay, thanks for the help. I let it be as it is now [VGA to VGA]. Do not feel worth spending money on lots converter etc :)