Is this a good gaming PC build?

Zanman777

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I'm planning on building a gaming PC from scratch. I'll be using it to play games while laying in my bed; the plan is to get the biggest bang for the buck while still being able to play games like GTA V on at least medium settings, and future modern games likewise for a couple of years.

After some thorough research, I've managed to narrow down the components one by one. So far the layout I got goes like this:

GPU: GeForce 1060 GTX 3 Gb -
Why: Because I read the price really goes up towards 1070 and 1080 right, and the 1060 is kind of a sweet spot. Also, the card scores number one on this benchmark about value for money.

CPU: Intel i6600K
Why: Because I got the feeling that i7 CPUs aren't really mandatory for gaming, because hitting a GPU botteneck is usually more likely than a CPU one anyway. Several sites praised the i6600K, but tthis one stuck to my head.

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-PRO
Why: Because I was looking for
a) a motherboard with a 1151 socket for the i6600K
b) overclock support for the i6600K to shine
c) USB 3.1 connectivity
d) M.2 connectivity for the potential next mainstream SSD connection standard
e) At least one PCI Express 3.0 x16, for the GPU (2 would be great for a future multiGPU setup)
e) Bonus: support for SLI, in case I decide to go the SLI route
f) Price around 150 €

And that motherboard seemed like the ideal candidate. Also, a local retailer is selling the mobo with a bonus: an HyperX Fury 1x8 Gb DDR4 memory stick.

SSD: Samsung 850 Evo
Why: Because I read a lot of praising about this SSD; it also popped up regularly on the "best value SSD top list" sort of articles. Again, one article that comes to mind is this.

Case: Obsidian 750D

And since I'll be laying in my bed and the PC will be at the other end of the bedroom, I was also looking for some wireless peripherals. Logitech seems like a good all-around brand for this sort of products, and one bundle got my attention....

Wireless keyboard + wireless mouse: Logitech MK220

I'm still missing a case and a monitor (maybe a couple of other things I can't recall right now). But I figured I could ask some advice and input from people who know more about this stuff than me - I'm in no way near being an expert.

I tried to look out for incompatibilities, bottlenecks and etc. But did I miss something?

Is this a good overall setup especially for the price and purpose?

Thanks in advance
Sorry for the long post and for grammar errors

What is a good PSU for all this?

EDIT: added case; added question about PSU

You're missing ram and PSU also. But other than that - it's Ok build.
One note though - GTA5 really likes more dedicated GPU memory for max graphics settings.
Would suggest changing to gtx 1060 6GB model.