Any negatives to having 1ms and 5ms screen side by side?

MR-Man210

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I am new to the pc gaming world and i want to add another screen to my set up. I already have a asus vx248h 24" 1ms, I was just wondering if buying a 5ms monitor going to effect anything major?

Solution
Most of the specs are not standardized and they will list best possible and not what you'd get in real uses. You have to look up pro reviews for actual numbers. Like a 5ms could be 20ms and have ghosting issues, while another listed as 8ms can actually be 8 and not have issues.
It actually won't matter even with superhuman abilities because the monitor still switches frame every 16ms for 60hz. So that would be all people not most. 1ms is marketing hype. If it's gtg then it's also gray to white to gray and a frame change is only 1 color to another. 5ms is still plenty fast to not have ghosting issues so use the better monitor and don't go by response times.

crispykiller96

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
is there rearly no difference between a 5ms and 1ms if it is just marketing hype i could just save my money for something else and get a 5ms if you cannot see the performance i don't see its appeal can anyone else verify this?

Most of the specs are not standardized and they will list best possible and not what you'd get in real uses. You have to look up pro reviews for actual numbers. Like a 5ms could be 20ms and have ghosting issues, while another listed as 8ms can actually be 8 and not have issues.

Solution