Windows 10 PC Randomly Reboots with Disk Boot Error

SeeTilTheEnd

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I have been having this issue for about two weeks now. I have a desktop that I built in my college course for use at school. The problem started after I removed the Ubuntu partition from the drive because I no longer wanted to dual boot. Now, the system reboots randomly or crashes to BSOD at seemingly random times while I'm on the system. When it restarts, it comes up with a Disk Boot Error, but if I shut it down from that screen and restart it from full shutdown, it boots normally. Please note that I have used DISKPART to clean and repartition the drive then reinstalled Windows 10. Also, it does not seem to matter what I am doing on the system when it crashes, but it does seem to happen more frequently when downloading files or installing programs. I think the hard drive may be failing, but I want to see if you guys have any ideas of what may be going on. I hope that it isn't the drive because I'm tight on funds. I have a PCPartPicker list with the system's hardware: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SeeTilTheEnd/saved/ZMWYcf

SeeTilTheEnd

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

I won't be able to access the system until Monday, but I will take pictures of the error screens at that point. I will also try that solution on Monday. Thank you for your quick reply.

SeeTilTheEnd

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I figured out the problem. Windows Update (KB3194496) was failing when it rebooted to complete the update, but when I used Update and Shut Down, it seems to have fixed the problem.