New Desktop Computer doesn't wake up from sleep properly.

churlbut

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Hello,

I recently just built my first desktop computer, and if I leave it running for a bit and it enters sleep mode and doesn't wake up properly. Sometimes the login screen comes up and when I enter my password the screen goes black, sometimes the login screen doesn't come up at all. Also sometimes the fans will run incredibly fast and loud. I've read on this somewhat and I changed some setting through windows to allow my computer to wake up from mouse and keyboard movements; however, the problem was only solved for a day or two. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Sometimes I have to cycle 2 or 3 times before I can login.

Specs:
Windows 10 - Education
R9 - 280
Intel i-5 3660
hyper x ripjaws (2x8) DDR5
Seagate SSHD

Solution
check you have the latest bios and drivers for the motherboard.

right click start button
choose power options
choose change power settings alongside your current plan
You can set monitor to always be on, as well as PC, if power is on. Its not a perfect solution but its the one I used to fix it
can also choose advanced power options and find hdd, set it to never turn off, but that may be less of an issue with an sshd

you could also do this to stop it needing a password after sleep:: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38059/~/windows-10%3A-disable-the-login-screen-after-waking-from-sleep

Colif

Win 11 Master
check you have the latest bios and drivers for the motherboard.

right click start button
choose power options
choose change power settings alongside your current plan
You can set monitor to always be on, as well as PC, if power is on. Its not a perfect solution but its the one I used to fix it
can also choose advanced power options and find hdd, set it to never turn off, but that may be less of an issue with an sshd

you could also do this to stop it needing a password after sleep:: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38059/~/windows-10%3A-disable-the-login-screen-after-waking-from-sleep

Solution

TRENDING THREADS