How to access files from a broken computer.

Russi

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I have a computer with a dead GPU and need some of the files from the hard drives. Is there any way I can just plug my working, better PC into the older one and retrieve some of the files that I need without buying one of the HDD/SSD docking stations. I was hoping that their is a way to just plug them into each other while they are on. The non-broken PC that I want to move the files onto is Windows 10 and the broken one is Windows 7. The files are on the hard drive that has windows 7 installed so I'm assuming you can't just plug it into the windows 10 computer as an extra hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

If it boots up (by watching HD activity LED) and file sharing enable, you just access the stuff from the network, assuming you had configure it for such in the past. Another option is, use Remote Desktop to access it.

Russi

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I have connected the computer to my network and it is on, but i can't see it on the network directory.

Any ideas?

Russi

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I have tried to connect through remote desktop, I just get denied because it isn't enabled.

Is there a way to enable it without using the broken computer?