Wifi Speed Discrepancy on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz

phantom1421

Honorable
Jun 19, 2016
So I have Verizon FIOS 75 down and 75 up. I use verizon's newest router available, the quantum router with dual band wifi, and it has AC.

I have been testing my wifi on my desktop a floor above my router with both bands and have noticed the huge difference in speeds between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I have a custom built PC with the TP-Link Archer T9. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful advice on how I can increase the speeds on the 2.4Ghz band, and good settings to put for router and or wifi card.

I also got my network card replaced and it same results overall.

phantom1421

Honorable
Jun 19, 2016

When i am on 2.4Ghz i get about 10mbps to 30 mbps for both down and upload, but when I'm on 5Ghz i get a full 75 to 80 mbps. And my router is just a floor below, my bedroom is above the kitchen with windows which hopefully gives a sense as to how close i am. Also i was thinking about getting antenna cables to extend with wires and place the antennas in different places, would it help?

Check this out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FJHLVOM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1LGPSJHJQU6M9

Just use the 5ghz?

TRENDING THREADS