Do i buy 1 amazing/good-curve 27inch monitor or 2 good/ok 27inch or 3 good 24inch or ...?

MooNight009

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
I'm thinking of buying new monitor/s and im hella confused !!
do i get a normal 27inch monitor or a curved one or 2 27inch okish curved ones or 24inch or what combination !!!!
two things are confusing me in making my decision ! one is how good is a curved monitor ? i never tried one, and second is how good are multi monitor setups ?! I want to try one of the two but don't want to regret it later.
My current budget is approx 400$ which i know is way too little but lets just say if i find it worth the investment i can like add a monitor or two later.
P.S. the reason im not going to save for more and buy a single better monitor is i don't have a monitor right now and i need to use my pc asap but if you have super good idea i'd be glad to hear!

Thanks for lending me your time and help ! appreciate it :)

Solution
hey hows it going as as current owner of a 27 inch samsung curved not sure what type of panel monitor and a former owner of 2 23.6 inch asus monitors, i love my curved display i feel a little bit more imersed in the things i do compared to a flat panel monitor and im debating on buying another 1 or going ultrawide but anyways.

Now with 2 monitors there are some benefits like for example you can write a paper on 1 screen while browsing the internet in the other screen. you can watch a movie on 1 screen while using the other screen to do whatever you want. now as far as gaming goes 2 monitors just dont work because 90% of games have a HUD in the middle and you cant display that in the middle of 2 monitors. now the only benefit of 2...
What will you use the pc for?
If it is for normal desktop work, two normal monitors works well.
If it is for gaming, then few games support multiple monitors and they will need serious graphics power.
If you have two monitors, you will game on the primary monitor. The side monitor is useful for email, performance monitors and such. It does not hurt performance if attached also to your gaming graphics card.

Bottom line, I suggest two identical monitors. 24 0r 27" which will likely be 1080P resolution.
For image quality, look for a IPS panel with wider 178/178 viewing angle.
For fast action shooters tn panels respond faster.

Curved is nice, but it is better applied to a very wide monitor in the 34" range which will be twice your budget.

MooNight009

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
What will you use the pc for?
If it is for normal desktop work, two normal monitors works well.
If it is for gaming, then few games support multiple monitors and they will need serious graphics power.
If you have two monitors, you will game on the primary monitor. The side monitor is useful for email, performance monitors and such. It does not hurt performance if attached also to your gaming graphics card.

Bottom line, I suggest two identical monitors. 24 0r 27" which will likely be 1080P resolution.
For image quality, look for a IPS panel with wider 178/178 viewing angle.
For fast action shooters tn panels respond faster.

Curved is nice, but it is better applied to a very wide monitor in the 34" range which will be twice your budget.
it will be for gaming , but if say i get two 24" monitors they will most likely be lower quality than one good 24". so i want to know if multiple monitors is worth it and how do they feel while playing them

psycrow395

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
hey hows it going as as current owner of a 27 inch samsung curved not sure what type of panel monitor and a former owner of 2 23.6 inch asus monitors, i love my curved display i feel a little bit more imersed in the things i do compared to a flat panel monitor and im debating on buying another 1 or going ultrawide but anyways.

Now with 2 monitors there are some benefits like for example you can write a paper on 1 screen while browsing the internet in the other screen. you can watch a movie on 1 screen while using the other screen to do whatever you want. now as far as gaming goes 2 monitors just dont work because 90% of games have a HUD in the middle and you cant display that in the middle of 2 monitors. now the only benefit of 2 monitors when it comes to gaming is if you have some sort of resources monitor or any monitors that tell you your cpu usage or gpu performance etc because while your playing your game for example you can see how hot your gpu is getting or how much its been used whereas with 1 monitor you cannot do that. so

3 monitors are good for gaming; 2 monitors are good for full screen multi tasking and 1 monitor is good for old folks; with all this in mind if you dont want anything higher than 1080p right now get 2 curved monitors either samsung or lg they make good ones and size is just a preference go into your local best buy and look at a 24 inch and 27 inch in person to see which size you like better then you can always buy your monitor online. thats my 2 cents

Solution