Unknown BIOS Error 3023 NVRAM when booting the PC

RiskCapCap

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Hello! I have a M4N78 Pro, which I just bought about 1 month ago (second-hand, so no warranty), and it worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Now it started to show the unknows error 3023 of BIOS (you can find a lot of posts on different forums about it - people can't boot further). If I press F1 I then resume the booting and it works perfectly (it is real that it broke my Windows installation when it first happened, but reinstalled it and now it's normal). I even have a setting in BIOS to not wait for F1 to be pressed, just skip the error, but, what really pisses me off is the fact that Windows 10 Fast Boot doesn't work and my PC boots up pretty slow.
I have tried different fixes (change CMOS Battery, reflashed latest BIOS, reset CMOS), but nothing solved the problem.
So, my question is: Does anyone know any other thing I can try to fix the error, or maybe make Windows Fast Boot work without solving the actual problem?
Thanks and sorry for my english mistakes!

RiskCapCap

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014

Yeah. I tried many things, I'm sure it has something to do with the motherboard (maybe the BIOS chip has a problem).
The other components of my PC have been tested and they don't have any problem.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
it use ddr2 so this is the motherboard manual check in the settings for memory and compare to your bios to see if the match .https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4N78_PRO/HelpDesk_Manual/

TRENDING THREADS