windows 10 gpu problems

mohamed amin_1

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
i have windows 10 fully activated
- gt-610
- 2 gb of ram
and windows 10 didn't detect m graphic card when i use it i get a black screen. the fan is running well and it worked before the update. i can't even get the driver for it it can't detect it what am i suppose to do please help

Check Device Manager. Under 'Display adapters' see if there's a generic display adapter or something to that effect listed there. If there is then it merely requires driver installation. (Doesn't sound like your case though.)

If not, click on View and check 'Show hidden devices'. If it's still not there I fear the worst.

mohamed amin_1

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

i did what you said and nothing was there its the third day its not willing to work

If nothing is shown even after checking/ticking 'Show hidden devices' then it simply seems to mean Windows doesn't detect your graphics card at all; effectively what you've mentioned. Only this would be confirmation of it.

To be sure though, I assume when you write of black screen it means you have installed the graphics card, plugged in the monitor cable to the graphics card port, but there is no display. When the PC is turned on the monitor may show a message like 'no display'. I.e. you cannot even see the BIOS splash screen. If so, it sounds to me the graphics card is faulty.

This is different to seeing the BIOS screen and then losing signal when Windows try to boot. If you can see BIOS, but then the screen goes black; then I believe it indicates a driver issue. To verify, you'd need to boot into safe mode. If there is a display, then it's a driver issue.

Others may know of other diagnostic methods you could try.

mohamed amin_1

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016