World of Warcraft random freez after upgrading graphics card

Rushpowr

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello, i just got a Gigabyte GTX 1080, went from a Gigabyte 980Ti, after i installed that, im getting random 1-3 sec freezes on World of Warcraft.
On my old 980Ti i had the nvidia drivers 372.70, and it worked flawless. Didnt test out the new 372.90 on the 980Ti.

Cleaned uninstalled driver with DDU for the new 1080 and installed newest drivers 372.90, and then im getting those random 1-3sec freezes. I have now rolled back to 372.70 that i used with my 980Ti, and gonna check it out. (Since i aint home to test it atm)

All my addons are up to date, and i also did a clean install of wow on my ssd. So wonder if the
372.90 drivers have some issues with freezes.

Pc speccs:
i7 4790k at stock 4.00ghz boost 4.4 ghz
16GB of ram
Nvidia Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080
750W PSU Corsair modular
Msi Gaming 5 z97 motherboard
250GB ssd
Corsair H100i GTX watercooler

Everything is tested and drivers is up to date on everything.
Ram usage is normal as before, cpu usage is same as before, gpu usage and temp are good.

Everything works, fps is fine.
Only thing is that im wondering if it may be the newest drivers that causes the random freezes. Or it may be the game itself. Have checked forums about freezes in wow from the latest nvidia drivers 372.90 without finding so much.
So i wonder if somebody else having this random freeze in Wow now and then.

Rushpowr

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Gonna test tomorrow with the previous driver i used on my 980Ti (372.70) and see if problem is still there, since i had no issues with that version on my 980Ti. Since i was reading alot of complain about the newest version (372.90) on reddit forum for nvidia driver feedback.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
were you able to solve this?
I'm getting random freezes too during boss fights. To fix it have to restart the computer and then it runs fine
its just weird because i always turn my computer off. So the first time i turn it on i get those issues, then i restart and its fine... makes no sense.

wasnt sure if it was a driver or a legion issue

Rushpowr

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
Hello again, i have the Corsair RM750, 750W PSU, no problem with that, it was my gigabyte graphics card that was the failure, so got new replacement card, and now everythings works fine again.

BadMrSnowman

Honorable
Apr 15, 2016
Bummer, was kind of hoping it wasn't your graphics card. I'm having the same issue (1-3 second lags / freezes, randomly 4-5 times an hour). My graphics card is a Sapphire RX 480 NITRO, functions fine on every other game.

I was leaning toward something with my internet connection.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
I have been having similar problems, unfortunately its Blizzards poor optimization of the game and of 10 series support (complete lack of). When I zone into the portal areas of the Emerald Nightmare raid it takes a solid 20 seconds to render the entire area, and I am stuck. I have a Zotac Amp! Extreme 1080. Don't listen to what everybody else says about drivers or other bull crap, its 100% the game. I have tried to post this on the WoW forum at least three times and they block it every time.

I'm not sure about Radeon cards but I don't think the 400 series is supported either (technically), All I know is it's complete crap that I can blow away any other game without even coming close to utilizing my card like I have to on WoW, I struggle to get stable 60fps on very high settings.