Nvidia Surround display placement problem

BNWilliams007

Reputable
Nov 2, 2015
Hello I seem to be having problems setting up Nvidia Surround for my two monitors. I have a Samsung U28E590D and an Asus VG248QE monitor both connected to my gtx 1080 graphics card with two display port cables. My Samsung monitor is setup as the left monitor and my Asus monitor is setup as the right monitor. I have both monitors set at a 1920x1080 resolution at 60hz. The monitors work fine together when I extend their displays and do web browsing and other things on one giant screen. However, I cannot do this when playing a game so I tried to configure a screen span in Nvidia Surround. I have the Samsung U28E59D setup as my primary monitor and to the left of my Asus VG248QE monitor. Despite the Samsung monitor being labeled as primary, my computer registers it as number '2'. Whenever I try to use the Nvidia Surround tool however, one of four things happens:

1. When I have the screens setup as '1-2', the Samsung screen will lose it's connection through display port and the Asus monitor will appear as the 'left' monitor.

2. When I have the screens setup as '2-1' in Nvidia surround, the Samsung monitor displays the 'right' screen and the Asus monitor displays the 'left' screen.

3. Occasionally it won't detect either of my monitors and state "not enough displays for surround".

4. Nvidia Surround Crashes

I know that I could just use the '2-1' monitor setup and switch the positions of the two monitors, but I'm thinking about later buying another Asus VG248QE monitor to place to the left of my Samsung monitor for a triple monitor display with the biggest monitor in the center in addition to allowing my to easily play at 4k without moving displays. I also do not understand why the Samsung monitor is labeled as '2' by my computer. Even if I disconnect the Asus monitor and reconnect it, Samsung is still labeled as '2' and Asus is labeled as '1'.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be the problem?

Here are my PC specs if it helps: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BNWilliams007/saved/Yg2CmG

Thank you for your time.