monitor is blurry. it is a hardware issue. not a software

nadiavkhan

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hello. I have a problem with my inspiron 2350. It is a weird problem that I have never come across. Basically, there is this smudge that appears on my monitor after about 20 minutes of usage that grows.

IT. IS. NOT. A. SMUDGE. I. OR. ANYONE. ELSE. MADE. Absolutely no contact was made on my screen AT ALL.

When I turn my monitor off, I can still see the smudge. Although it will slowly disappear in an hour or so. When I turn the PC on, it will reappear within half an hour...

I know this sounds weird, but I have no idea what is going on! IT IS NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE or GRAPHICS CARD ISSUE as the blur should not remain for an hour after the PC is turned off....

Any suggestions?

Solution
hello there sounds like you answered you own question there; if it isnt software or your GPU then the only thing left is your monitor so to me sounds like a monitor problem my suggestion buy a new monitor or the cheaper route would be to plug your computer up to another monitor to verify its not a software or GPU problem hope this helps

psycrow395

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
hello there sounds like you answered you own question there; if it isnt software or your GPU then the only thing left is your monitor so to me sounds like a monitor problem my suggestion buy a new monitor or the cheaper route would be to plug your computer up to another monitor to verify its not a software or GPU problem hope this helps

Solution