Settings in different programs reverted back to default after power outage

HairlessHare

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
The power went out last night while my pc was on. When it came back I turned it on afterward to see if there were any damages done in the process. I found that much to my surprise that many programs including logitech software, Gom player, realtek HD audio manager... et cetera have lost all the profiles and settings. Even my Bittorrent Pro went back to basic Bittorrent. :heink:
How could this have happened?
Is this a sign of some deeper damage? Maybe corrupted some windows files/registry?

Solution
Following on the answer above, if those settings were changed on the previous session before the power went out, it is possible that those settings weren't save before it did. If not and those were changed days or few resets of the PC then I would second the PC might have rolled back to a restore point.

If there aren't any more problems you can notice aside from the changed settings then I don't see the power outage causing a huge damage. At this time the restore point is more likely the issue so I suggest checking out if there are "old" settings (not default settings) or configurations you might have used which might suggest that was the case.

deswryn21

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Following on the answer above, if those settings were changed on the previous session before the power went out, it is possible that those settings weren't save before it did. If not and those were changed days or few resets of the PC then I would second the PC might have rolled back to a restore point.

If there aren't any more problems you can notice aside from the changed settings then I don't see the power outage causing a huge damage. At this time the restore point is more likely the issue so I suggest checking out if there are "old" settings (not default settings) or configurations you might have used which might suggest that was the case.

Solution