"windows failed to start" after using easybcd/ no recovery disk

Ahmed_140

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hello,

I was trying to install linux mint on my other drive. It was successful, and to dual boot I used easybcd. I accidentally removed the "windows 10" boot using the program, so I tried to add the windows 10 boot option again (and I did).

I turned the bios to Legacy since mint didn't work with UEFI, now when I turn the bios to UEFI I cannot start windows. Also I don't have a recovery disk! --- I'm using mint on legacy right now.

file: \BCD
info: The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
follow thsi from step 3: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/rebuild-bcd-store-windows.htm

another thing that might work is:
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
follow thsi from step 3: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/rebuild-bcd-store-windows.htm

another thing that might work is:
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Solution