Stop windows 10 from constantly searching for bluetooth devices after it's connected

DebbieN

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Okay, I seem to have an opposite problem. I turn on Bluetooth on my Windows 10 (Anniversary) machine, asked it to search for my new headset and it found it, happy, happy. All connected in stereo, listening to music and the Bluetooth settings are still searching. The only way I've found to stop it from searching is to turn off Bluetooth completely. The searching is annoying and uses up battery life when I just want to use my headset in relative peace. Any ideas?

Solution
That Bluetooth searching doesn't use enough power to amount to anything. Don't worry about it. There are a whole lot of constantly running background tasks in Windows 10. Just start Task Manager and look at the Services tab if you want to see. Right now my laptop is downloading music from Pandora to Bluetooth speakers and only using 11% of the CPU. If you're worried about your battery, plug your laptop into the AC outlet.
That Bluetooth searching doesn't use enough power to amount to anything. Don't worry about it. There are a whole lot of constantly running background tasks in Windows 10. Just start Task Manager and look at the Services tab if you want to see. Right now my laptop is downloading music from Pandora to Bluetooth speakers and only using 11% of the CPU. If you're worried about your battery, plug your laptop into the AC outlet.

Solution