144hz = 1ms ? Benq

Solution
144hz is the refresh rate, 1ms is a response time.

They are different measurements.

a 144hz monitor with a response time of 6.06 or lower will be a match.

k1xy

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

And what is the difference between refresh rate and response time?

p.s sorry, im new to this stuff. :)

Refresh rate is essentially the number of frames in a second the screen can display.

Response time is the amount of time that it takes a pixel to fully change colors.

So as long as your Response Time is fast enough to keep up with the Refresh Rate, you won't have any problems.

BASICALLY the screen can issue commands for 144 frames in a second, but the pixels take time to actually make the change, that's where response time comes into play.

But even at 144hz, a pixel has 6.06 ms to change before it gets its next command. So if you have a 1ms response time, it will take the monitor 1ms to change color, it will stay that color for around 5ms, then it will get a new command and take 1ms to change, it will hold the color for 5ms, then get a new command, etc

1) 1ms indicates it is a TN panel which is not as good as an IPS panel

2) Two monitors?
Not sure what you're doing, but I suggest a single 2560x1440 monitor instead. IPS panel if possible.

You can try pcpartpicker for your area.

3) 144Hz required?
There are PROS to this, but the added cost means you might have to get a cheaper quality panel as well.

Anyway, if possible I suggest getting a single
- 27" (possibly 25")
- 6ms or lower response time
- 2560x1440
- IPS
- good feedback with customers
- warranty?

It's hard to comment further since you don't specify the purpose, but again I don't recommend multiple monitors usually.

k1xy

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

So basiclly , 1ms is the same as 144hz , but just the color stays about 5ms?

No, you can have a 1ms with 60hz, or 5ms with 120hz, they are not the same thing.

Its two entirely different things, one refers to the monitors ability to communicate, and the other refers to each individual pixels ability to respond to a change.

Essentially anything 5ms or lower is going to be completely fine for any monitor of any refresh rate.

k1xy

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Mainly i need it for gaming (cs and other fps games) and for video editing. ( just want to switch up my old 1360 x 768 Monitors. )

k1xy

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Thanks for the help , do you personaly think it's worth the money ?

k1xy

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Thanks for the help , do you personaly think it's worth the money ?