Looking to Extend Wi-Fi on Same Network

adzyp7

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi,

I am trying to extend my current Wi-Fi signal from my BT Home Hub 5 so that I can get high speeds in my garden and conservatory. I’m on the Infinity 1 package and get the full 52Mbp/s speeds.

I’m looking for some Wi-Fi powerline adaptors that use my home electrics so I can plug it into the conservatory which should cover the area required. Im not looking to use a second router as a repeater as 1. i dont have one and 2. i want this to be as wire free as possible

I would also like the adpators to use my existing Wi-Fi name and password so that I don’t have to keep switching network names when I move between rooms and drop the connection. Do I need to look for anything specific here or do they all do that?

I have a couple of wireless extenders at the moment but they are the ones that connect to the router via Wi-Fi and have their own hotspot name and I hate having to switch over and drop connection.

Also, any recommendations on some good kit ideally for less than £40?

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Home WIFI may or may not connect to the nearer signal. This a feature called roaming and it is not supported by home WIFI hardware. It is much easier to troubleshoot something if you use unique SSIDs for your WIFI sources. Manual switching is foolproof.