Windows corrupted. No idea what's going on

Sebestian

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi guys,

I've been trying to restore my windows because I believe it's corrupted. I can't access to my folders(when I click on windows explorer it will be not responding), I can't uninstall apps(when I go to settings > system > apps it will be not responding), can't even open task manager( not responding as well when I open it) and I can't access some of my programs(it will be not responding when I open them) but I can still play my games and listen to music. I believe all this happens after I use advance system care and optimize my system but I can't restore to the point before I use it because there's no restore point when I tried to restore. I tried going to safe mode and still I can't access my folders( all my hdd and sdd). Any one have any idea what's going on and able to help me?

Solution
Hard to say without a crash dump, but even then it sounds like there is no crash.

It could be a corruption of your Boot Manager, or a Malware/Ransomware/Virus infection. If any of this is the case, it may not be mutually exclusive.

A couple things to try would be to run an Anti-Virus/Malware program to see if anything is detected.

If not, try repairing your Boot Manager via the Startup Repair. If there are issues with your Boot Manager that may fix it.

Aside from that, re-install the OS. This will cause you to lose your data but it's a surefire way to get the machine back up and running.

Regardless, once you're up and running, I highly recommend that you start backing up your machine on a regular basis. Either a disk imager like...

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hard to say without a crash dump, but even then it sounds like there is no crash.

It could be a corruption of your Boot Manager, or a Malware/Ransomware/Virus infection. If any of this is the case, it may not be mutually exclusive.

A couple things to try would be to run an Anti-Virus/Malware program to see if anything is detected.

If not, try repairing your Boot Manager via the Startup Repair. If there are issues with your Boot Manager that may fix it.

Aside from that, re-install the OS. This will cause you to lose your data but it's a surefire way to get the machine back up and running.

Regardless, once you're up and running, I highly recommend that you start backing up your machine on a regular basis. Either a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like RollBack Rx will do the trick.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
try using linux to access folders: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

can you right click start?
choose command prompt (admin)
type: SFC /scannow and press enter

if it runs and finds errors it cannot fix, copy paste the follwoing into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

if neither of these work, a reset won't work either

I would use linux to copy everything off pc you want to save and then follow this to do a fresh install: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html