Need help deciding between this two brands

BMG2309

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
So I've decided to get myself a 1060. I've found 2 cheapest (6gb) in my country.
The first one is Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC
Second one is ASUS TURBO GTX 1060

What are your experiences with those 2 brands? I currently have ASUS R7 360 and never had problems with it, but it's time I replace it.

I'd like to get the second, Asus one, it only costs $10 more but it has 1 fan while first one has 2. Does that really matters? How much of temp difference would there be between these two cards?
Thanks for your help :)

corndog1836

Distinguished

its a toss up!!!! I have ASUS products and have had no issues but even wen I thought I had a defect , they were ready to replace my motherboard anyways, it was later found that software was the cuplrit

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Asus is a barrel fan design. The Gigabyte is an area fan design. Quite different. Barrels tend to run noisier, only one fan that spins at higher rpm. Heat is dumped outside the case, so great for sli/crossfire and even better for cases with airflow/cooling issues. Area fans run larger fans, so slower rpm for same cooling ability, run quieter generally. Can get rather bulky with the shroud designs, bottom card exhausts heat into top card intake so top cards always run hotter with sli/crossfire and all that heat is dumped into the case.
Performance is the same for either design, they just have different cooling. I prefer Asus, but that's me. For some, it's purely a color choice, the Asus Turbo is white, the Gigabyte is dark grey/black.

Both have drawbacks, both have bonuses, and performance issues are negligible. So it's really down to what fits your needs better.

BMG2309

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I've read some reviews on Amazon. Asus has more positive feedback and I like it more so I decided to go for it.
Thank you all for help :)