Your PC ran into a problem, we're restarting for you....

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
This error occurred twice whilst I was writing up this thread, so I'm now typing from my laptop. It's getting out of hand. The error is something I understand to be existent among many other Windows 10 users. It occurs whilst on the desktop, as I am yet to see it crash while in a game. It happens very frequently, sometimes the PC just completely locks up all together.

My specs:
CPU: i5 4690K @3.5GHz
GPU: MSI R9 380
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Please help. I have done sfc /scannow to see if there are any corrupt files and there aren't any. I know other people running Windows 10 in my family who don't have this issue, could it be something with my GPU?

Solution
Good for you then. I don't think that your GPU is not supported for Premiere, but the list is outdated and I think your GPU should work just fine. Just in case update both GPU Driver. Oh also try sfc /scannow one more time and chkdsk /f twice just in case too...

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

I've searched online and gone over many different forums, most people have the problem where the error message is stuck in a constant loop and there is drive corruption issues, which I don't seem to have, and I'm not stuck in a current loop. My situation is different. I tried googling for hours before posting here.

Thankyou for your reply.

From this reply it seems that you have a very unique problem or otherwise someone else would have posted somewhere that they had the same type of problem. Because your problem is totally unique to you, you need to perform some tests on your system in order to determine the cause of your problem.

myitinos

Reputable
May 19, 2015

Just to be sure, do you still remember the exact error code? If yes post it here so we can help, and what did you recently do or happen to your computer before the error happens?

Dirty_Sprite

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

As a matter of fact, the problem has now subsided for now. I was thinking about my hardware and its properties and I realised how hot my AMD R9 380 can get, then I realised that I must have some dust in my computer and I cleaned it out. There was a crazy amount of dust, but it now runs cooler than before, and the problem hasn't occurred again since. It still happens whenever I play with a clip in Premiere Pro, but that's probably because my GPU isn't on the supported cards list on the website. When I had Intel HD Graphics I could edit and render fine.

There isn't some way to add the card to the supported cards list is there? I don't even have a opencl_supported_cards.txt file in my Premiere Pro program files.....

I have also done a CPU and GPU stability test and there are no errors, same with my RAM. I did sfc /scannow in CMD and it fixed some files.

myitinos

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Good for you then. I don't think that your GPU is not supported for Premiere, but the list is outdated and I think your GPU should work just fine. Just in case update both GPU Driver. Oh also try sfc /scannow one more time and chkdsk /f twice just in case too...

Solution