PC powers up, No POST, followed stickied thread

akibakei

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
Before i start, I want you to know that is not another new builder mistake thread. I had my PC for 5 years been upgrading it ever since, never had a problem I couldn't solve myself. I am no computer savvy but I am not a complete noob either.

the pc was working yesterday, then I realise that I wanted to install a new HDD. I open the case, , and find that there are no vacant sata. irrelevant, but the thing is I might have been rough on my way to get a view of the sockets. Some wires came off, and I returned them to their place. I power up the PC, everything works, fans VGA, except no display and a red cpu led light is on. I click the "go button" and another flashing red light appears, that keeps blinking. also the fans are stable, usually they are loud when i start up. I had a similar issue before, turned out it was a fan wire that was defect, I just removed the wire and it worked.

Anyway so I followed the thread regarding this issue. I even removed VGA, ram sticks to see if they are causing the issue, same result. I checked the cpu, all pins are fine. I removed all hard drives except the windows one, nothing, same result.

I reset cmos by clicking the button on the back. and nothing again.

Right now, I don't know what the solution might be, but this PC was working perfectly yesterday.

I appreciate any help in this dilemma.

specs:

Crosshair Formula V motherboard
FX 8350 black edition
Radeon 295x2
16 gb ram
windows 7 64

akibakei

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

I clicked best answer by mistake. Anyway I reseated the CPU several times. and there is no problem with the cable.