Headset mic not working.

Dijok

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi guys, a while back, I built my own setup, all good, but my headset mic does not work, neither through the front or back panel. The PC detects that an audio jack has been connected, detects the mic through both panels, but the mic itself does not pick out any voice. I tried reinstalling Realtek drivers, motherboard drivers, raising the level on Recording Devices and none worked. I'm using ASRock x99 Extreme3 Motherboard (which I also replaced). Is there anything else that I can try? The mic works on my laptop and any other device, it's a Steel Series Syberia v2 Headset. Running Windows 10 Home, latest build. Just yesterday I got my 3.5m jack into USB adapter, headphones work fine, but the mic still doesn't pick out any sounds. Also got a cheap USB mic that works just fine, so it's just the one using 3.5m jack, I tried a different headset with a built-in mic and it also didn't work. Don't know know what else I can try.
Thanks

Hello

I was wondering if you already tried the automatic detection and fixing option in Windows? If not yet, you can:

> Click inside the Cortana search box.

> Type Find and fix audio recording problems.

> Click the Find and fix audio recording problems option that appears in the list.

> Follow the on-screen instructions from there to let Windows detect and fix the recording issues.

Hope this helps. Chesrs!! :)

Dijok

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
Hi viveknayyar,
just tried it and nothing happened, it just set my mic to be the default device, which I've already tried and that was the only possible solution it came up with.