10/6/16 Windows 10 Update Causing Boot Loop

Sukhoikip

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I am not in the Windows Insider program. I've tried the periphery fix google results suggested. It's still stuck on a black screen with a loading wheel. If/when Microsoft puts out a patch, how the hell am I meant to put it on if I can't get into the OS to download them? Will I have to somehow roll it back without access to the system? Finally, could i potentially be facing a situation where I have to take out the HDD to perform a fix without any backup of it?

System:
Acer Aspire V5-561G
Core i5-4200U,
"10"GB RAM (Effectively single-channel 8GB).
Radeon R7 (which uses a "dedicated" 2GB card which uses one of the 2 total RAM slots)

Solution
There is this update assistent on microsoft's site.
I suggest you download it and let it run, that is if you get out of the boot loop. I'm not an expert on this but can you run the system in safemode, then delete the map C:/ Windows/Softwaredistribution/download? This deletes all ongoing and downloading updates

Sukhoikip

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Scratch that, after initially having watched it spin for an hour, I restarted it, and 4 hours later it actually got somewhere... About a minute after I posted this thread and 15 after I petrified myself by google.

AwesomeArnold

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
There is this update assistent on microsoft's site.
I suggest you download it and let it run, that is if you get out of the boot loop. I'm not an expert on this but can you run the system in safemode, then delete the map C:/ Windows/Softwaredistribution/download? This deletes all ongoing and downloading updates

Solution