Change Startup and Shutdown sound

Zuriel Ramirez

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Hi, as the title says, I wanted to change the startup and shutdown sound in Windows 10, but I have trouble doing it. First of all, I already downloaded the files, which is the sound from Windows Vista BETA and converted the files to .wav to make sure, but as soon as I tested it, it still plays the default starup sound, but gets interrupted like it only plays half of the startup sound. I need help with this since I really want to change the startup sound of my PC!

Renamed the files with the same name of the default system startup sounds, and moved to Windows>Media folder.. I also fixed the settings in the Sounds icon, but nothing happened..

Also, I want the Windows Longhorn to be the startup and shutdown sound instead! It sounds better than the Windows 7 sounds in my opinion!

Solution
Figured it out! Apparently you have to replace the file that is located in the imageres.dll, but my computer started having problems so I decided to run sfc in command prompt to fix the issues... For now, I decided not to change it since it won't let me replace the dll file..

Zuriel Ramirez

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Figured it out! Apparently you have to replace the file that is located in the imageres.dll, but my computer started having problems so I decided to run sfc in command prompt to fix the issues... For now, I decided not to change it since it won't let me replace the dll file..

Solution