Windows 10 system lag?

amm1992

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
So a few months back there was a big update for windows 10 that created a few problems for me.
A list of the problems are:
- Steam chat is delayed massively
- Teamspeak tabs aren't showing any text when clicked until after a while
- Tool bar buttons don't show up for a while after clicked
- The whole file explorer runs slow and type lag when searching

I tried many different things i.e giving more ram but when I have my task manager open I can see that my CPU, RAM and Disc never go above 10% when doing any of those tasks.

I have however noticed what it seems to be but I am not sure how I might resolve it, it seems that the tick between each of my pc's frame update are extremely long so if I type in the search bar it takes a while for a tick to happen and actually type in my text.

The reason I think that is the case is on task manager as well rather than constantly updating the disc usage etc it updates all the stats with large time gaps between, however if I resize the window for the task manager the task manager continously update whilst im doing the resizing.

I have tried many different solutions to windows 10 running slow but often they are for peoples PC which are running slow because their CPU / RAM or disc is being used up but mine isn't and these solution have not worked.

Sorry if I have written this whole thing weird or missed stuff out that may help you help me but please let me know of anything.

EDIT:
So I saw that on task manager there was an update speed option, tried setting it to fast and it made no difference to my system update time but it was probably the equivelant to the slow setting if my system wasn't updating so slow.

Solution
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
once its run, copy/paste this into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

can you open task manager
open performance tab
choose Open resource monitor
open memory tab
sort by commits and see if its around 10% as well. System can run out of resources with free ram, its tricky like that.

I don't think it is a memory issue as its just lag, its not freezing or anything like that.

make sure you have latest drivers for motherboard.

right click start button
choose power options
change power plan to High Performance (if its not showing, click Show additional...

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
once its run, copy/paste this into same window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

can you open task manager
open performance tab
choose Open resource monitor
open memory tab
sort by commits and see if its around 10% as well. System can run out of resources with free ram, its tricky like that.

I don't think it is a memory issue as its just lag, its not freezing or anything like that.

make sure you have latest drivers for motherboard.

right click start button
choose power options
change power plan to High Performance (if its not showing, click Show additional plans)
alongside plan, click Change plan settings
set monitor/pc to never turn off
in advanced power options, set hdd to never turn off as well.

Solution