PC running extremely slow!

Brayden0828

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
My current custom build has been doing great for the past month i had it but i just got a new windows 10 update about 2 days ago and ever since i downloaded my pc has been running really really slow! i dont know if its my WiFi because i have been good ever since the update for example videos are constantly loading at 240p it takes awhile to open up websites like this one and this might be more of a steam problem but i have the black screen bug. my pc inst dirty on the inside because my spec 01 has a pretty good dust filter but im still very confused of whats going on with my pc. specs: i3 6100 asus b150m-a gtx 1060 8gb gskill ripjaws ddr4 ram gtx 1060 and wd 1tb blue with 833gb free.

Solution
Hi there Brayden0828,

All of this is most probably OS related.

One thing you can start with is to boot into safe mode. If this sorts the issue out and the system runs fine, then you are dealing with a software related issue.
You can perform a normal boot and go to Resource Monitor and see if there is high usage of something. Many users are facing high HDD usage with Win 10. See if this is the case.

Also, I believe it will not hurt to go to your MOBO's website and update all the drivers.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Brayden0828,

All of this is most probably OS related.

One thing you can start with is to boot into safe mode. If this sorts the issue out and the system runs fine, then you are dealing with a software related issue.
You can perform a normal boot and go to Resource Monitor and see if there is high usage of something. Many users are facing high HDD usage with Win 10. See if this is the case.

Also, I believe it will not hurt to go to your MOBO's website and update all the drivers.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution