Endless boot loop into bios

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
well......first time this happens to me.
Computer is in endless boot loop into bios. will not boot into windows.

i just swapped PC CASE from haf 932 to a dark base pro 900 + changed cpu cooler from noctua to corsair h115. that's all the changes i did.
obviously, all sata ports are different, since i don't remember which sata port had which drive.

i have 4 hard drives and 1 blueray drive.

840 pro - windows 10 boot drive
850 evo - just for steam
2tb hdd for storage
4tb hdd for more storage.

all this is connected to a asus maximus viii hero.

I did not change anything that requires a driver in windows.

First boot up was perfectly fine after removing everything from my haf 932 and into my dark base case.

but after that my comp keeps going into bios like if the boot drive wasn't working at all.

so i went into bios and removed all other drives from the boot sequence. just left the samsung 840 pro.

still no dice, still goes into bios.

Any ideas? i'm just trying to save time instead of having to re-install windows 10.

Solution
never mind, i fixed it.

somehow the GPT partition was corrupted on main OS ssd. i don't even know how this happenned.

ended up just re-installing windows 10.

over the past 20 years with windows, on average i gotta re-install windows every 8~12 months. LOL,

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
never mind, i fixed it.

somehow the GPT partition was corrupted on main OS ssd. i don't even know how this happenned.

ended up just re-installing windows 10.

over the past 20 years with windows, on average i gotta re-install windows every 8~12 months. LOL,

Solution

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Glad to hear it was resolved, for future reference you can also run Startup Repair that may also repair the Boot Manager and doesn't require you to re-install the OS.

Also, highly recommend picking up a disk imager (Macrium Reflect) or snapshot tool (RollBack Rx) to back up your system in case it happens again.