What do you think about my first build?

gussrtk

Honorable
overall, you've got a pretty nice parts list :)

things that could have a 2nd thought would be...

CPU COOLER: Yes evo 212 is a Great cooler, but looking at the system overall it would seem that you could look at other options that would allow larger gains in the overclocking field.

SSD drive is rather small, there are many games which will fill your drive rather fast these days, Possibility of 500gb?

BTW, Good choice on GPU :) not cheaping out, maybe take alook at asus strix 1070? not sure what your price difference is

manddy123

Admirable
It's a great build, well-made choices.

I'd change the Asus mobo to a Gigabyte or MSI with exact same chipset Z170 tho. I've heard they're better for OC

Aside from that, everythings is perfectly fine!

Shmishe

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016

Can I change the fan of Cryorig H7 if needed? And is there a major factor why should I choose M2 SSD over the SSD I've chosen? It's like 50 pounds more, I'm trying to build a PC with money I have right now ;)

gussrtk

Honorable

you'll be happy with a normal SSD, there's enough speed for gaming and boot time :)
of course there is better out there, ALWAYS. But would that 50 pounds be worth in putting towards something else? YES. in the end, it's up to you. check some benchmarks on your ssd choice and the m.2 ones and you'll see if it's worth it for you

bignastyid

Titan

Yes, but the fan that come with it is a good quiet fan.
Looking on PC part picker the M.2 version of the 850 was only 2 quid more. Another option for the SSD is the MX300 it's cheaper and the speed difference is negligible and using an M.2 drive will ease cable management..
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/KXkwrH,3kL7YJ,8WZ2FT/

TRENDING THREADS