Randomly waking up to blue screen.

Hellcat711

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
Hi, apologies in advance for a question that probably has an answer I just can't find the exact problem I'm having.

So every now and then (this is rare), my desktop will wake up from sleep mode. I will come upstairs to find fans going, power light on and HDD light solid. Monitor on and no joy, nothing, monitor goes to standby with no input message. No inputs work. My only option is to hold power button and restart the sod. From here I have a 50/50 chance of blue screen - then a jam, another hard reset and everything works again (after a very long startup, maybe 3-4 mins).

This issue may also happen if I wake up my computer, switch on the monitor and forget something downstairs, come back 5 mins later to monitor on standby and situation is identical to above. Note I leave it on the windows 10 random wallpaper thing.

If anyone has info on this or how to stop this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I would first suggest changing your power saving settings. Take it out of the equation to see if your system runs right with no sleep mod. After try just the monitor, then just the pc, and last try the HD. Once you find whats causeing the issue just set it to never sleep or update drives associated with them.