Lenovo Desktop won't turn on

Sundavrgarm

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
It all started when my Windows 10 Lenovo desktop got stuck on the Lenovo loading screen a few months ago. I spent several hours trying everything until. Finally I found that unplugging the HDMI cable while it was booting up fixed the problem.

Whenever it had that problem unplugging the HDMI cable worked; until yesterday. Yesterday I tried to turn it on and even unplugging the HDMI cable didn't work. Also, it didn't always show anything on the screen.

So I gave up. This morning I booted it up and it got past the loading screen only to run into the blue screen of death. It gave me a BAD SYSTEM CONFIG error. It said it would fix it but after quite a while it still hadn't so I turned off the computer and tried turning it back on. But it kept on getting stuck on the loading screen and didn't always give the display info. Right now the power button comes on when you try to turn it on and the computer hums but it does not display anything on the screen and I can tell it has not finished the boot sequence. To turn the power light of you have to hold down the power button for several seconds.

Computer Specs:
Lenovo H520 Pentium G2020 Desktop Computer
Windows 10
The belt on the DVD drive has been broken for almost 2 years and it hums on startup

Thanks for the help,
If anything needs clarification be sure to ask

Sundavrgarm

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
Update: I took out both sticks of ram to make sure that it was getting to where it tested that. Computer stared beeping so everything is fine up to that point. I tried booting up with only one stick of RAM and the desktop still doesn't put out any signal. I replaced the DVD drive just in case but that wasn't the problem. I also tried resetting the BIOS but that didn't help either.
When I press the power button the fans and CD drive get power but the USB devices do not. I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. Any help would be very appreciated!