Can't record my 2560 x 1080 screen

ppludor

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hi guys!

This may be the wrong category, but I didn't know what else to use. So, that's the gist of it, I can't record my 21:9 2560x1080 screen while in game. I tried the game bar from the win 10 xbox app, and that just doesn't start up, the screen just flickers(yes, the xbox app is running), I tried Ice cream or something like that, which records the screen but goes black in game, and some other software which I don't remember.

Trying to record Overwatch gameplay, anyone know what the issue is or what free software I can try?

Thanks!

Solution

There is forum post on how you improve the settings when recording with OBS because OBS default settings are mainly for streaming.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

This forum post has some good information and with these settings the quality will be flawless, however it also mentions settings that you can change for less CPU load.
Hope it helps!

Edit: FX 6300 should not be any problems at all, I used to have an I7 875k that is only slightly better than FX...

ppludor

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

I have an r9 380 and an fx 6300, so no, not really a decent CPU, but It's not that used so I guess I'll give OBS a try.

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

There is forum post on how you improve the settings when recording with OBS because OBS default settings are mainly for streaming.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-classic-how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

This forum post has some good information and with these settings the quality will be flawless, however it also mentions settings that you can change for less CPU load.
Hope it helps!

Edit: FX 6300 should not be any problems at all, I used to have an I7 875k that is only slightly better than FX 6300 and it worked without any problems and about 50% CPU load.

Btw I also want to mention that OBS Studio might give you lower FPS for some reason, for both me and my friend using OBS Studio instead of OBS Classic was horrible (Recording League of Legends with OBS Studio gave me 70-90fps while recording league with OBS Classic gave me 150-180fps).

Solution