First Time Building a Computer, Need Help with Some Things.

Reuniclus

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Hello, I'm 14 and I've just build my first computer and I'm having some issues I haven't been able to solve, so I've come here for help. I build it using a Corsair 450D Case, an Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherboard, 2 8gb Ripjaws 4 for ram, Intel i7 Processor, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Grapics Card, Corsair 750W Power Module, Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler, and a Nixeus Vue 24" Monitor. I have already built the computer however every time I plug it into the monitor a message appers saying "ATTENTION NO VIDEO INPUT" At first it seemed I had a faulty motherboard (which I did anyways) so I replaced it with another of the same model. And having rebuilt the computer with a new motherboard I still get the same message when connecting it to my montitor. Every thing inside the tower itself seems to work as the fans all spin (including the ones on the graphics card), all the lights turn, the Blu-Ray tray ejects, and the keyboard I have connected to it lights up. The monitor as well works because I've connected it to my mom's laptop and it worked fine. So I am unsure what the problem is and how to fix it. Ang help is appreciated.

Solution
for a new build with no post. start with one ram stick and no gpu. if the onboard video posts update the bios. then try the gpu see if the mb will post with the newest bios file. if there no post from onboard video check that the 4 pin power plug on the side of the mb is filled and the mb sitting on top of brass standoffs. if they are and there no post. pull the mb place it on top of the mb box with one ram stick and power supply see if it post there. if there no post there try another power supply. on the build make sure your using the right cpu and mb combo. the h170 uses newer skylake 1151 cpu. a 1150 pin haswell cpu wont post in that mb.

Illias Illtempered

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Try a different connection/cable to your monitor if you can (i.e. HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort). Is there any POST beep coming from your motherboard or does it have any visible indication codes you can also look at just to verify?

for a new build with no post. start with one ram stick and no gpu. if the onboard video posts update the bios. then try the gpu see if the mb will post with the newest bios file. if there no post from onboard video check that the 4 pin power plug on the side of the mb is filled and the mb sitting on top of brass standoffs. if they are and there no post. pull the mb place it on top of the mb box with one ram stick and power supply see if it post there. if there no post there try another power supply. on the build make sure your using the right cpu and mb combo. the h170 uses newer skylake 1151 cpu. a 1150 pin haswell cpu wont post in that mb.

Solution