New PC will not POST how can I determine which part is at fault

chirsxblade

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I'm working on an AMD PC I am usually an intel user, so I've run into a problem. The PC powers on just fine, I've tested the PSU, RAM, and Graphics Cards with a system I know that works and they work just fine.
However, because I do not own another AMD computer I don't have a way to test the motherboard or CPU alone. Because of this I've come to believe the computer won't POST because of one of these parts.
On board graphics will not work at all nor will graphics from the Graphics Card. All lights are working, I doubt that matter but still, and no other issues seem to be occurring.
I don't have access to a speaker for the board so I can't use the error beeps.
The motherboard is a MSI 760GMA-P34 FX and the processor is an AMD FX-6300
Thank you for the help and if I need to add any information I'll gladly do so.

Solution
try a test power supply to rule out bad power. if no post then check for bent pins under the cpu. if there are none then you have a dead mb or cpu. if there under 30 days rma both. also try getting a newer 900 chipset mb.
check that the extra 4/8 pin atx power plug on the side of the mb is plugged in. make sure the mb sitting on top of all the standoffs and the mb not shorted to the mb case. pull the mb with one ram stick and no gpu see if it turn on on top of the mb box it was shipped with.

chirsxblade

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

The board still powers on outside of the case, but continues to not POST even with on board graphics.