Dell UltraSharp U2913WM Monitor on PC runnning El Capitan - Randon Pink tint

bhollehday

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
Every once in awhile while im editing videos or playing a video I get a pink tint over the video. It does it for small video boxes and when its full screen. If its a small video playing and it goes pink it will usually go away sconds later. If its full screen it will stay until i turn the monitor off and back on. I have tried different cables. I have it running off of a gtx 750 graphics card. I could try running off onboard graphics to see if that fixes it, but it seems like its the monitor. If I go from RGB to YPBPR for color input format, it goes the same shade of pink. So I feel like it has something to do with the input color format.

Also I have tried screen shotting it while its pink and it does appear in the picture.

Solution
If there was ever a reason for a holocaust this is it. Used to drive me mad.

First make sure your comp is actually at the right res: (My mac was putting 1920*1080 over HDMI). Second change the display mode to gaming.

Worked for me. :)

Treblinka

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
If there was ever a reason for a holocaust this is it. Used to drive me mad.

First make sure your comp is actually at the right res: (My mac was putting 1920*1080 over HDMI). Second change the display mode to gaming.

Worked for me. :)

Solution