Is 1080p enough for an 27" monitor or does it cause problems

Theboy321

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hi guys,
I found an good monitor by asus,the vx279h and I would have bought it already,but I heared that FullHD looks very bad on a 27" monitor.
Is that really true??
I really like the size but the higher resolution models are a bit too pricey for me..
I play on a PS4 sometimes but it´s mainly for my macbook pro retina,so I have a bigger screen because the 13" is just too tiny..
I am a programmer so will the "bad resolution" cause me problems,like screen tearing,ghosting or something like that??I´m not a professional gamer,I only play games like minecraft,gta5 and battlefield from time to time.
I´ll be reading alot so will there be a problem for me?
I could go with a 23" monitor but I just fell in love with 27" monitors..

Thanks for helping!

Solution
Dont worry, it doesnt look bad at all, its a large screen for 1080p, but still isnt too large. I dont think resolution has anything to do with screen tearing or ghosting. In short, get a 27in if size is slightly more important, and get a 24in if you want better resolution quality. The 27in 1080p doesnt really look bad especially if you are a casual gamer and programmer.
Dont worry, it doesnt look bad at all, its a large screen for 1080p, but still isnt too large. I dont think resolution has anything to do with screen tearing or ghosting. In short, get a 27in if size is slightly more important, and get a 24in if you want better resolution quality. The 27in 1080p doesnt really look bad especially if you are a casual gamer and programmer.

Solution

frank_hnd

Honorable
for PS4 is great but for regular computer use it might seem a little pixelated if you sit too close to the screen.
I would recommend checking a 27" 1080p in person at a store or a friend's if you can.

I used to have a 1080p 27'' , worked great for my PS4 but I felt the Icons and text weren't sharp enough during my PC use.