Windows 10 4K Resolution Issues

Matt Roberts

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hello All,

I am using a more than capable NVidia 980 Ti GPU with updated drivers and the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

One of my monitors is a Vizio M55-C2 4K television- this is the monitor that I do my gaming on, primarily. Previously, in Windows 8.1, I could up my resolution to 2K or 4K, but in Windows 10, there is no option in my games to go past 1920 x 1080. There is no option in the desktop settings, control panel, advanced display settings, or elsewhere to go past 1920 x 1080. Why could Windows 8.1 handle this OK, but Windows 10 seems to be unable?

Is this a common Windows 10 issue? Will this ever work? Anyone have any tips or potential fixes?

Thanks for reading- looking forward to your answers!

Solution
Is your main monitor a 1080p monitor as it looks like its basing your resolution on your main monitor and not the screen you are trying to use. I don't have 2 screens so I cannot confirm my theories.

Are you selecting right monitor when looking for the settings?

Are you using steam as you can set it to use a specific screen from the launcher

Win 10 can display at 4k as that is the setting I am using now. And I only have a 980

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is your main monitor a 1080p monitor as it looks like its basing your resolution on your main monitor and not the screen you are trying to use. I don't have 2 screens so I cannot confirm my theories.

Are you selecting right monitor when looking for the settings?

Are you using steam as you can set it to use a specific screen from the launcher

Win 10 can display at 4k as that is the setting I am using now. And I only have a 980

Solution