What upgrades should I perform, and what to on individual pc parts.

killastrra

Commendable
May 30, 2016
GPU - GTX 1080 (No upgrade needed)
CPU - I7 4790
Ram - says here 12288 think one is a 8 and one is a 6gb, same brand
Motherboard - Acer MS-7869
Monitor - ASUS 1080p 60ghz
PSU - Corsair CX 750

Want the best possible to make gameplay smooth as hell. Please dont recommend anything super expensive (400 pounds plus) unless its a Monitor or cpu

That motherboard... I'm not finding much info on it but proprietary motherboards are usually pretty awful.
That said, i don't see much point in changing it out at this point.

Get your ram fixed up, mix and matched ram is a killer. Buy a nice kit of 2x8GB DDR3 @ 1333, or 2x4GB if the 8gb sticks are too rich for you. It really is best to always buy ram in kits.

Other than that your rig should be pretty golden. The motherboard is most likely all locked up, but i wouldn't suggest trying to get it reflashed as OC potential is pretty much zero.

Are you having performance issues? It looks like a solid set up.

An SSD would improve boot and load times dramatically if you're still using a platter.

In what way is your pc not doing the job?
If gaming performance is not good, then why not?
Your graphics card is as good as it gets and is more than enough at 1080P and 1440P.

Your cpu is very good, but some games depend heavily on the performance of the single master thread.
A i7-4790 runs stock at 3.6 with a turbo of 4.0
You could replace it with a i7-4790K which runs at 4.0/4.4, only a 10% boost. But selling the 4790 to pay for the upgrade might not be very costly.
Here is a backhanded way to see if cpu speed is an issue:
In windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 90%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 10% improvement in core speed might do.

If you do not have a SSD, that would be my first recommendation. A SSD does more than boot faster and load games faster. It also does game checkpoints faster and loads graphics textures faster. Samsung has a nice free utility to do a ssd migration.

12gb is fine. Likely, 8gb is running dual channel and the odd 4k is running single channel. Not the best, but much better than 8gb alone. No need to change the ram.

Can't help on the internet issues.
Research them for your provider. There might be some settings that are applicable.

i do not know which version of windows you have??
i just hope is not windows 10
your pc is Aspire TC-605 ???
like above said your memory setup is weird ..suppose to be same ram model in dual channel mode

He has two ram slots, and claims to have 14GB of RAM, it doesn't seem like there is any configuration that would allow dual channel. It is a RAM mismatch and should probably be changed. You will get a very dramatic improvement going from single channel to dual channel.

The set up you're referring to is when 2 sticks = 1 stick, so you can have 2x4GB and 1x8GB running in dual channel, but that isn't possible with only 2 DIMMs on the mobo.

Why would you hope he doesn't have the most current and up to date operating system on the market?

Likely, he has a 8gb stick and a 4gb stick(claims 12gb, not 14gb); that is perfectly fine and was a common marketing configuration.
With intel ram controllers, the matching ram runs in dual channel mode, the remaining odd 4gb will run in single channel mode.
Not a biggie difference.
Since it is running, I would not bother changing it.
One can test with memtest86+ to verify that all is working.

He has a GTX 1080, a top of the line GPU, and is running flex mode RAM, doesn't seem right.

Even if it is OEM install, he shouldn't be running his RAM in flex mode like that. If he wants to get his PC up to spec - that is one of the things he should certainly fix.

``Why would you hope he doesn't have the most current and up to date operating system on the market? ``

he have a acer mobo ..that mean is not compatible with all hardwares , above all with windows 10 ..even a pc have difficulties sometimes with drivers on old system

That statement isn't true. Just because its sold by acer doesn't mean its not a foxconn H81 motherboard. The bios may be flashed in such a way to prevent upgrading the processor, but outside of that there should be zero compatibility issues, its still an Intel H81 based board with all the features that come go with the H81 chipset.

well i had a hp pavillon and it was an ms-7778 mobo ...and it was not compatible with my new gpu ...and the bios comming corrupted after that and i was never be able to restart it
i had windows 10 on it

That is an AMD A75 FCH made by MSI, it was compatible with whatever GPU upgrade you were trying to perform. It is possible that some other aspect of the PC was preventing the upgrade, but not the motherboard.

``That is an AMD A75 FCH made by MSI, it was compatible with whatever GPU upgrade you were trying to perform. It is possible that some other aspect of the PC was preventing the upgrade, but not the motherboard. ``

not true at all ..the bios version i had was not compatible with a gpu upgrade , no legacy support
thats what i learned after the disaster arrived

Again, its just an MSI motherboard with an AMI Aptio bios that can be easily modified or replaced, there is nothing in the hardware preventing from the upgrade, there isn't any incompatibility. If you posted on Toms we probably could have gotten that solved for you.