Monitor listed as "Generic PnP monitor"

Eminemfan1337

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Hello,
For a while now my monitor (AOC 2460) has been listed as a Generic PnP montior in display settings and in various games. In nvidia control panel the monitor is listed as AOC 2460. I've tried installing drivers but it says the drivers are the newest ones available. I'm running windows 10 if that helps.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Solution
To get the monitor listed by it's model number in Device Manager you need to install the Monitor Driver for that model from AOC's website.

It's not essential to do that as it's not really a driver in the true sense inasmuch that the monitor will work just the same without it & no end of people don't even know such a driver is available, let alone bother to install it.

However, the importance of a monitor driver is mainly that it tells Windows what display resolutions and refresh-rates that model supports so as to avoid manually selecting an unsupported display mode.

To get the monitor listed by it's model number in Device Manager you need to install the Monitor Driver for that model from AOC's website.

It's not essential to do that as it's not really a driver in the true sense inasmuch that the monitor will work just the same without it & no end of people don't even know such a driver is available, let alone bother to install it.

However, the importance of a monitor driver is mainly that it tells Windows what display resolutions and refresh-rates that model supports so as to avoid manually selecting an unsupported display mode.

Solution