Can you Transfer Warranties/Proof of Purchases for parts when you resell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schokotod

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I am currently preparing to sell a computer I built myself from 100% new parts I got mostly from Amazon and Newegg. Many of these still have the manufacturer's warrantee because I built it in January, so I figured I would see if I could transfer those to whoever I sell it too. Hopefully this increases the resale value somewhat or makes people feel more secure buying a used computer.

Information of this sort was not coming up easily after a while on google, so I figured I would ask you two questions.

1. Can you transfer Manufacturing warranties over Ebay or a similar online resell vendor?

2. Is it worth your time figuring that out for reselling?

From what I have read in my warranties, the person I sell it too would need a proof of purchase and that is pretty much it, but I can't figure out if there is a way I can transfer that to them.

I would give you the specific warranty information for each product, but I want to figure out if generally it is possible/worthwhile before I spend the time posting the specific warranty information.

My parts list for the build is here.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Schokotod/saved/Gtkrxr

Thanks!

Schokotod

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

My two questions might have been slightly misleading.

The first is this. Is there any case whatsoever where you can transfer warranties? Is it ever possible? All I want to know is if people have ever done this personally for any computer equipment, If they have, then I can ask the second question.

Is transferring these warranties worth it, e.g. will it in any way increase the resale value of my PC?

I am looking to answer the second question before I do just exactly what you say, go talk to the only people who would know if the warranty is transferrable, the manufacturer. If it is never possible to transfer, then I won't even bother talking to the manufacturer.

I am not looking for a person to lead me through a how too guide on how to transfer warranties, but looking for personal experiences of people in a similar circumstance of selling a PC.

Did you transfer warranties? If so did it increase the resale value of your PC? If you are buying a PC, will you pay more to get a PC with manufacturers warranties still valid, or will you only buy the PC if it does have these warranties?

Those are what I am looking for in the second question. The first is only there because nowhere have I seen it is even possible in any case to transfer warranties, so I don't even know if it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.