Choosing a gaming monitor

G

Can anyone help me though this?

I saw Looking To Buy A Monitor? Start Here! discussion thread and it had some questions at the end which will help people here to suggest a good monitor. I will answer them now:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin? India

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.) Buying this monitor mainly for Gaming

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? Preferred Full HD, if is not available within budget, 1600X900 is okay. For size, anything from 20" - 24" and Aspect ratio must be 16:9 -- of course LED monitor, anti-glare (matte finish??)

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.) 60Hz only

5. How much are you looking to spend? NOT TO EXCEED 10,000 Indian Rupees

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) Any brand that's good for gaming with warranty and support in India

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why) Nothing

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? No, only one

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable? The GPU is GT 540M, will connect only one monitor, will be using the latest drivers released

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). Mainly HDMI

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?Secondary display (the laptop's screen will not be used for displaying)

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop? Yes, Lenovo Z570 (Core i7 avriant)

Few more own preferences:

13. In-built speakers? - Not a must (planning to buy speakers)

14. Adjustable stand? - Yes, height adjustment with up and down tilting

15. Preferred Panel type? - IPS with 5ms response time, if not available, I'm okay with TN --- NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL :no:

16. Preferred online stores to buy? - Not going to buy in any local stores as the model availability is less, so any from these - www.amazon.in, www.flipkart.com and www.theitdepot.com

This monitor will not be used for any 3D contents or hardcore online FPS/RPG gaming. So response times '5ms and under' will be enough I think. Monitor's weight is of no concern :D

Please suggest a MONITOR WITH LESS INPUT LAG which the manufacturers doesn't tell anything about in their site. I'm also looking for reviews on my own in Google.

Any more questions to narrow the suggestions, please ask.

Thanks in advance !!

G

Hi, Thanks for taking time to find me a monitor. But since it's late, I had changed my suggestion as below:

Main requirements are:

24" in 16:9 aspect ratio
Full HD @ 60Hz,
IPS panel with LED backlit LCD,
5ms response time,
HDMI input,
Atleast tilt adjustment (if with height adjustment, better)

I will play at 1600x900p and view movies or browse at 1080p. I've tested it with a friend's monitor and it is okay for the games I play.

So, can you suggest me one good monitor with these updated requirements?