defective Power Supply or Graphics card or PCI slot?

BornaA

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
So I have just recently built a new computer and it works great except that my monitor is hazy (main monitor), my 2nd monitor isnt too hazy but I think its hazy just from being a bit old, anyways my main monitor is plugged into my GTX 1080 zotac amp extreme with Display port (I have also tried DVI, still hazy) and my 2nd monitor is plugged into my onboard graphics, I tried to see if the issue is because my monitor is defective by taking my main monitor display and taking it out of the 1080 and plugging it in the onboard graphics, it seemed that the display was no longer blurry and seemed fine, so I assumed it was either my PSU or Graphics card and their may be a low chance it may be the PCI slot. What should I do? I'm desperate to get a solution and no one in the computer shops I went to know what to do? Is my PCI Cable defective and should I try to switch it? Is my pci slot defective or is my GPU defective? Keep in mind not everything is hazy/blurry, some text appears fine and is readable and some other text is almost completely pixelated, games also apear sort of pixelated such as GTA V when I look at the city I can see the blurry building, i have started multiple forums but have gotten no responses, please help it will be greatly appreciated and I'm sad that my new computer is experincing this problem.

Solution
It sounds like either a bad monitor or GPU. Here's what to do:
Check your monitors power cables, if its old or burnt out, it may not be getting sufficient power.
If that yields no results, try resetting the monitors to its original settings. You may have accidentally changed a settings.
If you still haven't fixed it, try unplugging any speakers or phone cords that could be creating an electromagnetic field (a bit far fetched, but best to check all possibilities).
If all that failed, try a new driver install. Incorrect drivers could result in a blurry picture.
The only reason the GPU is not getting enough power is that you either did not plug everything in (it happens, when I made mine, I left my CPU power out and had to "troubleshoot"...

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
It sounds like either a bad monitor or GPU. Here's what to do:
Check your monitors power cables, if its old or burnt out, it may not be getting sufficient power.
If that yields no results, try resetting the monitors to its original settings. You may have accidentally changed a settings.
If you still haven't fixed it, try unplugging any speakers or phone cords that could be creating an electromagnetic field (a bit far fetched, but best to check all possibilities).
If all that failed, try a new driver install. Incorrect drivers could result in a blurry picture.
The only reason the GPU is not getting enough power is that you either did not plug everything in (it happens, when I made mine, I left my CPU power out and had to "troubleshoot" for 20 minutes before glancing in the window and noticing) or you PSU is under performing. Which PSU do you have?

Solution