How to reformat my Windows 10 and C drive but keep files on D,E,G drives

Huzkii

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Hi all,

First time posting here i just wanted to know if it was possible to reformat Windows 10 on my C drive but keep the remaining files on my other drives (D,E,G drives). For some reason when i am trying to format it manages to find my games/software installed on different drives and advising me that it will be deleting all.

Sorry for the vague post - still learning :)

Solution
if you boot windows 10 from USB or DVD go through the setup you will eventually come to a page that looks like this, except you will have many drives
ximg_542c296992937.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.8ipfYbXjgX.png

If you select the drive that matches your C drive in terms of name or size, click format, make sure it is still highlighted and press next, it should start installing to that drive/partition

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
if you boot windows 10 from USB or DVD go through the setup you will eventually come to a page that looks like this, except you will have many drives
ximg_542c296992937.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.8ipfYbXjgX.png

If you select the drive that matches your C drive in terms of name or size, click format, make sure it is still highlighted and press next, it should start installing to that drive/partition

Solution

Post a screenshot of Disk Management, and clarify what and where these other drives are.

Huzkii

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Sorry, haven't been on in a while - ill post a screenshot of my drives tonight. They are 4 physical separate hard drives. however windows still wants to wipe everything....

Huzkii

Reputable
May 22, 2014

How do i boot windows from a USB or CD i dont have a physical copy. is there a place to legally download a copy ?