My First Build: Hardware Suggestions

DANISSIMO9699

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
I have a 1100$ Budget to build a PC which should be able to run MacOS for work related stuff and windows for some gaming.

This is the build I am thinking about: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ysjxf8

Since this is my very first build. I figured out I should ask you for any suggestion on hardware to buy for a better quality for my money and compatibility.

I have already bought the power supply, which I know it is a bit overkill since it's 600W, because it was on sale on amazon for 50$

Thank you in advance!

i7 6700 is useless for gaming ..get i5 6600k instead

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ...always better to take a dual channel kit for better performance like 2X4gb DDR4

instead of gtx 970 get a gtx 1060 and get 10% improvement

your psu is not a good quality one ...too bad you already bought it

DANISSIMO9699

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

Thanks for the answer! why is the i7 6700 useless for gaming? I am doing also video editing for work and I am not interested in overclocking, plus the 6700 comes with a cooler.

About the RAM, I picked the wrong one on pcpartpicker. I am actually going woth 2x8 for a total of 16GB

I went with a GTX 970 because pascal GPU's are not yet compatible with MacOS and I need it for work.

I could return the psu if necessary. how do you distinguish from a poor vs good quality one? which one would you suggest?

``build a PC which should be able to run MacOS for work related stuff and windows for some gaming.``

you never talked about video editing.... so a i7 6700 will be better for you

i do not know a lot on mac stuff ..so somebody else can help you better then me here

a good psu is seasonic/xfx ts-xtr series/evga b2-g2-gs-gq series/superflower/corsair cs-rm-hx-ax series