Right clicking word docs will not open menu to let say rename, exc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_175

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Ok, this is an Office 365 problem that has recently been going bad. My os is windows 10 64bit on a new Asus gaming pc. My problem seems to be when I right click on any Word document to bring up the short cut menu. What happens is that it will make my desktop blink and the shortcut files move to other parts of the screen. So, I cannot even rename any word docs cause that menu does not appear. Any ideas or fixes for this? ty in advance :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try updating your graphics card drivers, that could stop the blinking

Word 2016 doesn't offer me a chance to save off right clicking document, it just brings up the document editing options. To save you need to use the file button at top of window

or are you talking about file explorer and not actually in a word document?

Reactions: burakcemboga

Joe_175

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Well I save docs to desktop or folder, I did update that driver; but, it did nothing. The same issue with any word document, I have tried repairing Word, but that did nothing. Seems to be only the word files. I right click on them and it seems to think about it, but just makes the entire desktop flicker and no menu. Now I can get into the file, it just will not let me open that menu you get after right clicking. I can do that with any other file just not with the Word docs...

Joe_175

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Your a genius thanks a million for your help. I wonder why i switched like that, the pc is new so I guess the windows update did it. But, I guess who knows...Thanks Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.