Win 10 Hangs on reboot and is extreamly slow from hard boot

4DC_Resin_Smoker

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Computer initally boots up fine but then i notice that everying is running very slowly. Most apps / programs fail to launch but i do have some access to basic menus. While attempting to restart, system appearts to get stuck in the process. Waited 15-20 minutes for it to reboot at one point.

Note: Currently running an i7-4790'with an ASUS MB, Samsung SSD and EVGA 970 GTX video card. Have Malwarebytes and Avast Antivirus installed. Suspect that my system was hacked at some point last week as my Netflix account had an unauthorized password change. Got Netflix sorted out easily enough and havent see anything on my system after numerious scans.

Had this issue last week and was able to do a restore from a prior save. For a while this worked, however today the issue has returned. Tried the restore again only to see an unspecified error during restore (0x800700b7)... twice on both attempts with different restore points.

I'm at a loss as what i can do short of wiping and reinstalling everything...

Really need some advice...

Thanks in advance.

KS

Solution
just because the case is cool to the touch doesn't mean it's not a temperature problem. start with the easy stuff first. you don't need to go into the BIOS to monitor temperatures. all you have to do is download RealTemp

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
just because the case is cool to the touch doesn't mean it's not a temperature problem. start with the easy stuff first. you don't need to go into the BIOS to monitor temperatures. all you have to do is download RealTemp

Solution