Glitches on BF4 but no change in hardware. Is there such a thing as a Planned Obsolescence through driver uptade?

OgiD

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
I built my PC about a year ago, and haven't changed anything since then, except for windows and driver updates.

The only game I play is BF4. At the beginning I used to get a decent fps rate, but now, with the exact same environment and settings in game, I've been noticing a lower fps average and frequent drops, and also get a weird glitch at times. It consists in getting black corners (not black screen, but some entire black corners inside the game ambiance, not corners of the screen either, but the elements in game) or on and off image glitches (something like distortions that flash for fractions of seconds) during the game. That doesn't happen all the time, but it surely happens quite often, and it's getting annoying.

Is there such a thing as a best driver version that I should use instead of keeping it up to date with AMD's versions?

Do these companies hiddenly plan an obsolescence so they can keep selling new products?

Setup:
Gigabyte H97m-D3H
Intel Core i5 4460
G.Skill Ares 8gb DDR3 1600 (2x 4GB)
Sapphire ATI Radeon R9 280 3GB GPU
XFX 650w XXX Edition PSU
1TB WD HDD
Windows 10

have you tried using old drivers? remember the games also constantly being updated for new feature, stat balancing and such. and sometimes this updates somehow "break" the game performance. one of the example that i can remember happen to me was planetside 2. same drivers but after game update my performance significantly going worse. and looking at OSD i noticed that both of my gpu clock was lower than it should be (i was using 660SLI back then). disable SLI and i can see my clock gong up as it should be. and the performance is even better than using SLI. so i know game update somehow break SLI support.

OgiD

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
Temps are at around 75C with 80ish peaks, but they've always been like that. Never OCed.

Maybe that's just normal.

Anyways, got a RX480 now, so I'll see how it goes.

Thank you!