Dual Display issue

G

Hello, I'm having problems with using both of my monitors.. my new monitor is a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG248Q 180Hz 1ms G-SYNC and my secondary is a BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 1ms monitor.. the ASUS is hooked up via displayport and the benq hooked up via DVI Dual link. My GPU is MSI GTX 970 4gb if that is needed.. I'll list the rest of the specs if needed.

the ASUS monitor works just fine without the secondary monitor hooked up to the pc.. no issues with any games at all nor does it lose signal.. i had this issue days ago when i first bought the monitor and i got it exchanged figuring it was an issue with the monitor.. well that made no difference.. issue is still occuring..

I've tried switching the cable on the benq from DVI to HDMI and still issue occurs.. even with just 60Hz.. it still has issues.. any suggestions on this issue would be nice.. i have tried everything in the book from doing a clean install of my graphic drivers and setting the ASUS monitor to primary which i had already did at the beginning.. still no difference.

any help i would appreciate.

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Have you tried going into your nvidia control panel and setting up the second monitor from there? I know in the past i have had issues like this and I actually had to set up the monitors in nvidia's control panel instead of in windows.

G

I've tried setting it up in the nvidia control panel yes, still same issues occur.. i realized i didn't add this additional information.. like changing the Hz in Rainbow six siege would make the monitor lose signal " Displayport no signal " which would make me have to do a reboot by hitting the reset button on my PC.. and when i gave up on that game.. i tried to launch overwatch and instantly same issue occurred .. no signal. just thought i would add that in.. only when the 2nd monitor is hooked up to my pc.

EDIT: my monitor lost signal when just opening up a game now.. without my second monitor hooked up.. now I'm having a feeling this is going to be a re-occuring issue.. i shouldn't of plugged up that second monitor. hopefully more suggestions to fix this will come in.